The DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine is an advanced bilevel machine that delivers one distinct higher pressure on inhalation, and a separate lower pressure on exhalation to provide a more natural breathing experience. The BiPAP Pro also has an expanded pressure range of 4-25 cm H2O.
DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine with Bi-Flex by Philips Respironics
DreamStation BiPAP Pro tracks, and adjusts therapy levels to respond to, many common OSA related events including Hypopneas, Flow Limitation, Respiratory Effort Related Arousal, Snores, and Leaks. In addition it can detect many symptoms beyond classic OSA, such as clear airway apneas and periodic breathing that may indicate the need for specialized therapy.
The BiPAP Pro comes with an advanced comfort feature known as Bi-Flex, Respironics's clinically-proven Bi-Flex pressure relief technology enhances traditional positive airway pressure therapy to improve comfort and increase compliance. The Bi-Flex feature softens the transition between inhalation and exhalation to provide just the right amount of pressure relief for a more natural breathing experience.
Features of the DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App: The DreamStation machine has a built-in bluetooth connection which allows the device to pair directly with the Philips Respironics DreamMapper mobile and web-based program. The free app gives the user the opportunity to personalize the data tracking account.
- EZ-Start Technology: The EZ-Start feature is designed to reduce the user's prescribed pressure setting during the first 30 days of operation. The intent is to adjust the user to the pressure by beginning with half of the prescribed pressure. A minimum pressure of 5cm H2O is required to use the EZ-Start feature.
- Bi-Flex Pressure Relief: Bi-Flex is a pressure relief feature used to create a more natural breathing pattern during CPAP therapy. The DreamStation BiPAP Pro uses Flex Technology to provide relief during three points in the breathing cycle. Pressure is reduced by 0.5 increments during the transition from exhalation to inhalation, inhalation to exhalation, and during exhalation. The Bi-Flex setting can be adjusted up to 1.5 cm H2O for maximum comfort.
- Ramp and SmartRamp: The BiPAP Pro not only offers the standard ramp but also the Smart Ramp. When SmartRamp is enabled the DreamStation BiPAP Pro will monitor your therapy levels, during the ramp period to deliver lower overall pressure until it detects an obstructive respiratory event. When an event is detected SmartRamp responds to resolve the event, raising pressures as required until the ramp period concludes.
- Mask Fit Check: DreamStation BiPAP is equipped with Mask Fit Check tool to help with mask fitting, a Performance Check tool to ensure that your machine is working properly. Checks for Mask leaks, Pressure is adjusted automatically as needed to help maintain therapy pressure to the user, including the ability to reduce pressure to help re-establish a mask seal.
- LCD On-Screen Display: A simplistic and practical LCD screen. While the User Interface is in use, the screen is well lit. As the lights in the room are dimmed, the machine's ambient light sensor adjusts display brightness automatically depending on light levels in the room.
- Dry Box Assembly: When using the (Optional) Humidifier the Dry Box is designed to trap the water within the walls of the unit to prevent water from traveling throughout the machine and humidifier connection.