The I-neb is the third generation AAD (Adaptive Aerosol Delivery) system. It is a small, battery powered, lightweight and virtually silent drug delivery device designed to significantly reduce the inconvenience of conventional nebulizer/compressor therapy while delivering a precise, reproducible dose of drug. The aerosol is created through VMT (vibrating mesh technology), and the dosage of drug is controlled through an AAD Disc and specific metering chambers. The metering chambers can deliver a pre-set volume ranging from 0.25 to 1.4 mL with a residual of about 0.1 mL.
The vibrating mesh has a variable power range for the optimization of the aerosol output. I-neb incorporates an AAD algorithm that pulses medication delivery into 50 to 80 percent of each inspiration, based on a rolling average of the last three breaths. Throughout the treatment, the I-neb provides continuous feedback to the patient through a liquid crystal display, and upon successful delivery of the treatment, the patient receives audible and tactile feedback.
For published clinical papers on the I-neb AAD device, please click here.
- The I-neb AAD system is designed to aerosolize and deliver liquid medications that are specifically approved for use with the I-neb AAD System.
- The I-neb has been developed for adults and children aged 2 and older who can coordinate breathing into a mouthpiece. The I-neb should always be used in accordance with patient instructions supplied by the pharmaceutical company.
- I-neb should only be used on conscious and spontaneously breathing patients.
- For more information about this device, or medication approved for delivery through the I-neb, contact your nurse/clinician/health care provider.
Features of the I-neb AAD System:
- AAD (to ensure safe and accurate dosing)
- VMT (vibrating mesh technology) - micropore mesh and high frequency horn to make aerosol quietly
- Small size (about 6 inches high)
- Lightweight (about 7.5 ounces)
- Battery-powered with universal voltage charger
- Long battery life (up to 40 treatments/charge)
- 3 Year Warranty
- 2 Per Order