Maxorb Extra is a highly effective alginate that won't break apart as it absorbs wound fluid.
Now 25% more absorbent.
Maxorb Extra now absorbs 25% more than previous Maxorb styles, allowing for greater fluid handling.
Fluid will not wick laterally.
Wound exudate mixes with Maxorb Extra to form a gel that will not wick out, reducing the potential for damage to peri-wound skin.
Superior gelling and fluid handling.
The CMC fiber in Maxorb Extra improves the wicking and fluid handling as well as the wet strength.
Easy dressing changes.
Simple, one-piece removal eases dressing changes.
- Pressure ulcers (Stage II-IV)
- Partial and full thickness wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Donor sites
- Lacerations and abrasions
- 1st and 2nd degree burns
- Third degree burns
- For use as a surgical sponge
- Dry wounds
- Patients with a known sensitivity to alginates
- Maxorb Extra may be left in place for up to 5 days. Dressing change frequency will depend on the amount of drainage.