MARATHON Liquid Skin Protectant
MARATHON Liquid Skin Protectant bonds to the skin surface and integrates with the epidermis as the cyanoacrylate polymerizes at the molecular level while supporting the natural integrity of the skin. It provides higher strength and higher resistance to washoff than other thin film barriers. Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant is resistant to external moisture, yet it allows the skin to breathe.
Minimizes friction and reduces the risk of developing skin tears
- Creates a strong physical barrier against abrasive forces.
- Also recommended for damaged skin to protect against further breakdown.
- Can be applied to pressure points to avoid the effects of friction which can reduce the risk of skin breakdown.
Protects skin from prolonged exposure to moisture, which weakens and damages the skin surface and makes it more susceptible to breakdown.3
- Incontinence: Marathon should be used on at-risk areas such as the sacrum, buttocks and groin area.
- Stomas and drain sites: Helps protect the area around stomas and drain sites from breakdown caused by body fluids, exudate and the effect of adhesives.
Maintains skin surface cell integrity
- Healed wounds never attain the same breaking strength (the tension at which skin breaks) as uninjured skin.4
- Applying Marathon to the skin once it has closed should help protect it and maintain integrity.
MARATHON Liquid Skin Protectant:
MARATHON bonds to the skin surface and integrates with the epidermis as the cyanoacrylate polymerizes at the molecular level while supporting the natural integrity of the skin. It provides higher strength 1,6 and higher resistance to washoff than other thin film barriers.
Applying MARATHON to the skin once it has closed should help protect it and maintain integrity.
"1 Bond P. Scanning Electron Microscope Examination and Assessment of SUPERSKIN (Liquishield® S). 2001. University of" Plymouth, UK. Data held on file at MedLogic Global Limited.
"2 Study to Compare the Wash-off Resistance of Two Barrier Films Exposed to Synthetic Urine. Data on file."6 Abrasion Test. Data on file.
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant is contained in a single-use sterile applicator. Each 0.5 g applicator can cover a 4” x 4” area. Theproduct should be applied in a very thin layer, without covering the site more than once.
Marathon can be used when the epidermis is broken or damaged. However, it should not be applied directly to deep, open, chronic or bleeding wounds.
Marathon adheres to the skin and dries in less than a minute. Marathon can remain on the skin for several days. It will wear off naturally as the skin regenerates.