Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate
Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate is a highly absorbent, non-woven pad composed of a high G (guluronic acid) calcium alginate, carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) and ionic silver. Exposure to wound exudate dissolves the silver and stimulates the release of silver ions. As more fluid is absorbed by the Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate, more silver ions are released, creating a controlled release antimicrobial effect. The silver ions found withing Maxorb Extra Ag, protect from a broad spectrum of microorganisms, including MRSA and VRE. Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate releases silver in extremely small amounts so that healthy tissue is not damaged. Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate is biocompatible, non-irritating, non-sensitizing and will not harm new granulation tissue.
Features of the Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate
- Helps manage bacterial burden.
- Provides continuous antimicrobial protection.
- Maxorb Extra Ag is cost effective.
- Easy dressing changes.
- Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate is highly absorbent.
- Superior gelling and fluid handling capabilities.
- Reduces odor.
- Fluid will not wick laterally.
Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate Indications
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- First and second degree burns
- Moderate to heavily draining partial and full thickness wounds
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Graft and donor sites
- Trauma wounds
Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate Contraindications
- Third degree burns
- Dry or lightly draining wounds
- Patients with a known sensitivity to alginates or silver
- To control heavy bleeding
- As a surgical implant
Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate Change Frequency
Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate may be left in place for up to 4 days. Dressing change frequency will depend on the amount of drainage. Initially it may be necessary to change the dressing every 24 hours.
Specifications of the Maxorb Extra Ag Silver Alginate
|Mfg. Item # || Size ||HCPCS || Quantity per Box |
|MSC9412 || Rope, 12" x 1" |
|A6199 ||5 per box |
|MSC9422 || Sheet, 2" x 2" |
|A6196 ||10 per box |
|MSC9445 || Sheet, 4" x 4.75" |
|A6197 ||10 per box |
|MSC9448 || Sheet, 4" x 8" |
|A6197 ||5 per box |
Maxorb is a registered trademark of Medline Industries, Inc.