Maxorb® Extra Ag
Maxorb® Extra Ag sustains antimicrobial protection and releases silver ions, in the presense of wound fluid, for up to 21 days.
Highly absorbent Maxorb Extra Ag absorbs more than other alginate or absorbent silver dressings.
Fluid will not wick laterally.
Wound exudate mixes with Maxorb Extra Ag to form a gel that will not wick out, reducing the potential for damage to periwound skin.
Superior gelling and fluid handlingThe CMC fiber in Maxorb Extra Ag improves the vertical wicking and fluid handling as well as the wet strength.
Reduces odorOdor in wounds is primarily caused by bacteria, and so by providing an antibacterial barrier to combat bacteria absorbed in the wound exudate, odor is reduced.
- Moderate to heavily exudating partial to full thickness wounds
- Post-operative wounds
- Trauma wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Graft and donor sites
- Third-degree burns
- Dry or lightly exudating wounds
- Individuals with a known sensitivity to alginates or silver
- To control heavy bleeding
- Surgical implantation
- Dressing change frequency will depend on wound condition and the level of exudate. Initially it may be necessary to change the dressing every 24 hours.
- Maxorb Extra Ag may be left in place for up to 21 days