Alere INRatio PT / INR Monitor
The Alere INRatio PT/INR Monitoring System is a diagnostic point of care system that provides Prothrombin Time (PT) and International Normalized Ratio (INR) results using fresh capillary whole blood. The INRatio PT/INR Monitor reduces the headache of oral anticoagulation management, is easy to use, and features on board quality controls with every test. The Alere INRatio PT/INR Monitoring System provides results in less than two minutes using a simple finger stick procedure.
THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED! ALERE HAS REMOVED IT FROM THE MARKET. BOTH TEST STRIPS AND METERS! Please shop under the category INRatio / INR Products to see other brands on our website!
INRatio PT/INR Monitoring System Welcome Kit (includes Meter, Carry Case, User and Reference Guide, AC Power Supply, Training DVD, 50 Lancets, 2 Year Warranty, 24 Hour Support . Before you shop and compare, please compare "apples to apples" with our competition. We believe we have the best package deal and the best support that you can find ANYWHERE. Please make note of our LOW priced test strips once you get the welcome kit for future orders.
The benefits and advantages of the INRatio PT/INR Monitoring System are clear. There is no longer a need for a separate device to check electronic controls. The INRatio PT/INR Monitor reduces paperwork and materials cost. The simple INRatio PT/INR Meter interface is easy to learn and use. The INRatio by Alere ensures reliability on each and every test. The entire test procedure requires fewer steps with the use of the INRatio Monitor. Best of all, the Alere INRatio PT/INR Monitoring System features a portable design and size, increasing geographic freedom. The INRatio PT/INR Monitoring System includes the INRatio Meter, INRatio PT/INR Professional User's Guide, INRatio PT/INR Quick Reference Guide, INRatio Monitor Power Supply, 50 Alere INRatio Lancets, 12 FREE INRatio Strips, and INRatio PT/INR Training Video.
The INRatio monitor represents the latest from Alere in PT/INR testing at home. The INRatio brand is the #1 selling PT/INR point of care monitor for 3 years in a row (according to HPIS data 2005-2007). INRatio allows you to obtain your Prothrombin Time (PT) and International Normalized Ratio (INR) results in less than a minute using 1 drop of blood from a fingerstick.
Please click below to see a video of the newest generation unit made by Alere:
In addition to existing features...
- No need for external liquid quality control or extra strips
- No need for separate device to check electronic controls
- Test Strips do not require refrigeration
- Test Strips are individually wrapped
- Small one drop (15µL) sample size
...The INRatio also has these great NEW features!
- Test results in under 1 minute
- Single button operation
- 1 step auto turn-on with strip insertion
- Larger LCD screen and easy to read digits
- Simplified, icon based interface
- All kits include a complimentary carrying case
- 200 test battery life
- Wider test strip area for easier sample application
- Backwards compatible with INRatio Test Strips
- 33% smaller than INRatio
How it Works
- A Test Strip is inserted into the INRatio monitor.
- A drop of fresh whole blood from a fingerstick is applied to the test strip.
- The blood is drawn into the test area by capillary action where it mixes with reagents that cause coagulation to begin.
- The monitor performs the PT test AND 2 quality control tests (normal and therapeutic) simultaneously, and determines whether the controls are within preset limits. If they are, strip integrity is verified, and the monitor reports the PT test result. If they are not, the monitor displays an ERROR message.
- The test results are displayed in less than 60 seconds.
- Performs electronic system self-test automatically.
- System is self-maintaining, only routine cleaning needed.
- Easy interface to change the time, date, and other features.
- Uses 4 AA batteries (included) or optional power adapter as a power source.
- Stores up to 60 test results in memory.
- Built-in port for printing / electronic communication.
Length: 5.9 inches (15.1 cm)
Width: 2.9 inches (7.4 cm)
Height: 1.8 inches (4.6 cm)
Weight: 9.3 oz. (263 g) with batteries
This package includes the NEWEST Designed test strips for the Alere Newest Generation meter. The meter must be purple in color. These strips will NOT work with the 1st and 2nd Generation meter (Blue or Orange).
Please contact us if you have any questions. The expiration date of our stips are usually 11-12 months from the date of the order.
If you have purchased a meter from us and you need the newest model for these strips please contact us for a special promotion.
Prothrombin Time is a test of the blood's ability to clot. Blood clots form in response to vessel injury to prevent excessive loss of blood. If blood clots form inappropriately and lodge in the vascular system of important organs, serious consequences such as stroke can result. In certain medical conditions (i.e. atrial fibrillation or mechanical heart valves), blood clots are more likely to form and there is an increased risk of an adverse event.
Oral anticoagulants are used to prevent clots in these conditions. Oral anticoagulants have a narrow therapeutic range and the response to a standard dose varies widely both between patients and within a patient over time. Patients undergoing oral anticoagulant therapy must have their level of anticoagulation monitored often. Dosage adjustment should be made as needed to ensure maximum safety and efficacy.
INRatio empowers Healthcare Professionals to maintain complete control over PT/INR testing in support of improving patient care. INRatio provides results in less than two minutes using a simple fingerstick procedure. As studies have indicated, patients taking Warfarin that stay within their therapeutic range are significantly less likely to encounter an adverse event. INRatio enables facilities to meet the challenges of managing their oral anticoagulation patients.
Alere INRatio®2 PT/INR Monitoring System Test Strips
Prothrombin Time/INR Test Strips for use with the Alere INRatio®2 PT/INR Monitor Systems.
NEW Alere INRatio®2 PT/INR Professional Test Strip
- Rigorous integrated quality control checks are performed automatically with every test strip, ensuring a reliable result.
- Individually foil-wrapped test strips can be stored at room temperature for up to 12 months.
- One unmeasured drop of blood applied directly to the strip performs both the test and quality controls.