INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System Welcome Kit
The HemoSense INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System is a diagnostic point of care system that provides Prothrombin Time (PT) and International Normalized Ratio (INR) results using fresh capillary whole blood. The INRatio PT/INR Monitor reduces the headache of oral anticoagulation management, is easy to use, and features on board quality controls with every test. The HemoSense INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System provides results in less than two minutes using a simple finger stick procedure.
The benefits and advantages of the INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System are clear. There is no longer a need for a separate device to check electronic controls. The INRatio PT/INR Monitor reduces paperwork and materials cost. The simple INRatio PT/INR 2 Meter interface is easy to learn and use. The INRatio 2 by HemoSense ensures reliability on each and every test. The entire test procedure requires fewer steps with the use of the INRatio Monitor. Best of all, the HemoSense INRatio PT/INR Monitoring System features a portable design and size, increasing geographic freedom. The INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System includes the INRatio 2 Meter, INRatio PT/INR 2 Professional User's Guide, INRatio PT/INR 2 Quick Reference Guide, INRatio Monitor Power Supply, 50 HemoSense INRatio Lancets, and INRatio PT/INR 2 Training Video.
Hemosense Handy Medicare and Insurance Information:
Medicare Policy Coverage Use of the International Normalized Ratio (INR) allows physicians to determine the level of anticoagulation in a patient independent of the laboratory reagents used. The INR is the ratio of the patient's prothrombin time compared to the mean prothrombin time for a group of normal individuals. For services furnished on or after July 1, 2002, Medicare will cover the use of home prothrombin time INR monitoring for anticoagulation management for patients with mechanical heart valves on warfarin (Coumadin ®).
The monitor and the home testing must be prescribed by a physician and the following patient requirements must be met:
· Must have been anticoagulated for at least three months prior to use of the home INR device;
· Must undergo an educational program on anticoagulation management and the use of the device prior to its use in the home; and
· Self-testing with the device is limited to a frequency of once per week. Billing Instructions Applicable HCPCS Codes for Home Prothrombin Time INR Monitoring
· G0248: Demonstration, at initial use, of home INR monitoring for patient with mechanical heart valve(s) who meets Medicare coverage criteria, under the direction of a physician; includes: demonstration use and care of the INR monitor, obtaining at least one blood sample, provision of instructions for reporting home INR test results and documentation of a patient ability to perform testing. Short Description: Demonstrate use home INR mon
· G0249: Provision of test materials and equipment for home INR monitoring to patient with mechanical heart valve(s) who meets Medicare coverage criteria. Includes provision of materials for use in the home and reporting of test results to physician; per four tests. Short Description: Provide test material, equipm
· G0250: Physician review; interpretation and patient management of home INR testing for a patient with mechanical heart valve(s) who meets other coverage criteria; per 4 tests (does not require face-to-face service) Short Description: MD review interpret of test Applicable ICD-9-CM Code for Home Prothrombin Time INR Monitoring · ICD-9 V43.3, Organ or tissue replaced by other means; heart valve, applies. Note: Porcine valves are not covered so Medicare will not make payment on Home INR Monitoring for patients with porcine valves. Claims Requirements Note this test is not covered as durable medical equipment. Therefore, claims submitted to DMERCs will not be paid. It is covered under the physician fee schedule. Also note that the cost of the device and supplies is included in the payment for G0249 and therefore not separately billed to Medicare. Additionally, for G0250, since this code descriptor is per 4 tests, this code should only be billed no more than once every 4 weeks. Follow the general instruction for preparing claims in §2010, Purpose of Health Insurance Claim Form CMS-1500, Medicare Carriers Manual (MCM) Part 4, Chapter 2. Claims for INRs are to be submitted on health insurance claim Form CMS-1500 or electronic equivalent. Claims should be processed in accordance with §4020, Review of Health Insurance Claim Form CMS-1500, of Part 3, Chapter IV of the MCM. Payment Requirements Payment and pricing information will be based on the July update of the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Database (MPFSDB).
Features of the INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System
- On board quality controls for accurate results.
- INRatio Test Strips do not require refrigeration.
- Small blood sample size to perform tests.
- Rapid test results in less than 2 minutes.
- INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitor provides consistent, reliable results.
- Stores up to 60 results in memory.
- Powered by AC adapter or 4 AA batteries.
- Built in communication port for a printer or connectivity software.
- Self maintaining system requires only routine cleaning.
- Easy 3 button interface to change time, date, and access test memory.
- 2 Year Full Warranty
- 10 Free Strips with your welcome Kit
HemoSense INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring Welcome Kit Includes:
| || INRatio Meter INRatio PT/INR Professional User's Guide INRatio PT/INR Quick Reference Guide INRatio Monitor AC Power Supply 50 HemoSense INRatio Lancets INRatio PT/INR Training Video 10 Testing Strips |
Specifications of the INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System
|Width: ||3" (7.5 cm) |
|Length: ||6.25" (16.25 cm) |
|Height: ||2.25" (5.75 cm) |
|Weight with Batteries: ||11.5 oz. (325 g) |
|Power Source: ||AC Adapter or 4 AA batteries |
HemoSense INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System Special Limited Time Offer!!
Order your HemoSense INRatio PT/INR Monitoring System today and receive a INRatio PT / INR 2 Carrying Case FREE! A total value of over $57! Hurry and order your INRatio PT/INR 2 Monitoring System now, as this offer is only available while supplies last!
| || INRation PR / INR 2 Carrying Case Features: |
- Black padded case
- Zipper closure
- Safely stores INRatio Meter and accessories