Jobst UlcerCare 2 - Part System for Venous Statis Ulcers
Jobst UlcerCare 2 - Part System for Venous Statis Ulcers for the effective management of venous leg ulcers.
JOBST® UlcerCARE helps heal venous leg ulcers. Designed specifically to help manage venous leg ulcers, JOBST®UlcerCARE gives you freedom from weekly bandaging visits.
JOBST® Jobst UlcerCare 2 - Part System for Venous Statis Ulcers provides a liner and compression stocking. Together they supply the gradient compression needed for a venous ulcer to heal. THIS ORDER DOES INCLUDE ONE STOCKING AND 2 LINERS. Extra liners can be added separately.
- Light compression liner stocking holds dressing in place, helps the zippered compression stocking slide on easier, and can be worn day and night
- Soft yarns for more comfort
- Reciprocated heel for better fit and wear
- Wear with your regular clothing and footwear
- Allows for daily bathing
Understanding venous leg ulcers.
How do venous leg ulcers develop? Venous insufficiency is the most common underlying cause of a venous leg ulcer. The compromised blood flow to the heart is mainly caused by venous valve incompetence. The resulting reflux leads to an ambulatory venous hypertension which also extends into the capillaries.
As a consequence, nutrients and oxygen are unable to diffuse to the skin, causing death of skin tissue and the development of a venous leg ulcer. Compression can be considered the cornerstone in the therapy of venous leg ulcers. As indicated by numerous studies*, adequate compression supports venous flow and shows significant effects on deep venous haemodynamics – ultimately providing large improvements in pain, mobility and general quality of life for the patient.
Compression and stiffness factor: Adequate compression is necessary when venous flow is impaired. As venous valves are compromised, a sustained compression of 40 mmHg* or more at the ankle is the recommended pressure to support venous return. At this point, the specific stiffness of a compression device becomes a crucial factor. The higher the stiffness, the higher the working pressure and the effect of the muscle pump. Compression provides the best conditions to heal the ulcer: the subsequent reduction of the local blood volume leads to lower venous reflux and the reduction of ambulatory venous hypertension. . Continuous pressure exerted onto the body from the outside with the muscles at rest, is called “resting pressure”. “Working pressure” is exerted temporarily from inside outwards as the muscles are working and the diameter of the body part increases. 80% of venous leg ulcers are located inside the lower extremity.
JOBST® UlcerCARE™ enables effective management of a venous leg ulcer while offering ease of use at the same time – the perfect combination for providing high quality of life. The special design of the outer stocking’s pattern provides more friction to the liner, enhancing the system’s stiffness.
NEW JOBST®UlcerCARE is the compression system designed for maximum patient compliance
New Features and Benefits of the Jobst Ulcercare 2-in-1 compression system:
- provides graduated compression of 40 mmHg* to reach the doctors’ recommended pressure for the healing of venous leg ulcers.**
- delivers a high stiffness factor to provide effective compression.
- is a 2-in-1 system for easy handling by patients or caregivers.
- contains silk in the liner for ease of donning.
- has a fast moisture transport for more patient comfort.
- now comes in 7 sizes to fit a wide variety of leg shapes.
- is compatible with common footwear and clothing to enable a normal lifestyle.
New Features and benefits of the Jobst UlcerCare liner:
- provides mild compression for non-ambulatory patient* to help manage lower leg edema during bed rest.
- may be worn 24 hours a day by non-ambulatory patients and to hold a wound dressing in place.
- has integrated heel and toe for high wearing comfort.
- contains silk to promote healthy skin, facilitate donning and provide maximum compliance.
- is washable at 140°F for hygienic re-use. JOBST® UlcerCARE™ liner
- is designed for patient’s self-management to facilitate easy changing of wound dressing and to allow for improved personal hygiene, e.g. bathing.
- shows low friction on the liner making it easy to don.
- has integrated heel and open toe for high wearing comfort.
- is washable at 105°F for hygienic re-use.
- is available in Beige and Black to fit a large variety of clothing styles. The zippered version additionally
- has an improved zipper for easy donning.
- is available with zipper on left or right side for comfortable closure on the opposite side of the wound.
- has an improved locking mechanism to keep the closed zipper in place.
JOBST® UlcerCARE™ is now available in 7 sizes! The new JOBST® UlcerCARE™ sizing table has been extended. When ordering a JOBST® UlcerCARE™ compression system for a specific patient, make sure to check and compare your measurements to the new sizing table.
S 7"– 8 1/4" 11 1/2"– 13 3/4"
M 8 1/4 – 9 1/2" 13 1/4"– 16"
L 9 1/2"– 10 3/4" 15 3/4"– 18 1/2"
XL 10 3/4"– 12" 18"– 21 1/4"
2XL 12"– 13" 19"– 22"
3XL 13"– 14" 19 3/4"– 23"
4XL 14"– 15 1/4" 20 1/2"– 23 3/4"
Extended range = fits almost every patient
Fiber contents: Liner: Nylon/Polyamide: 79%, Spandex/Elastane: 16%, Silk: 5% Outer stocking: Nylon/Polyamide: 76%, Spandex/Elastane: 24%