Silvertouch Foley Catheter
The Silvertouch Foley Catheter is made of 100% silicone and incorporates the power of silver through a patented process that binds silver ions to the inner and outer lubricious catheter coating. Silver ions have long been recognized for their broad-spectrum antimicrobial action. Ionic silver is effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, as well as fungi. Ionic silver hydrophilic catheter coatings can be very effective against the most common and serious UTI pathogens, including, E. coli, Candida albicians, Staph aureus, Pseudomonas, Klebsiella, MRSA, CRE and others.
Every Silvertouch Foley Catheter has a coating that hydrates rapidly and maintains its lubricity for at least seven days, helping to reduce friction and irritation. The coating is covalently bonded to the silicone catheter surface and will not peel, flake or crack. Silvertouch Foley Catheters are green as visual evidence of the silver hydrophilic coating of each catheter. The Silvertouch Catheter is latex-free, offering patients and caregivers safety, with the advantages of a 100% silicone catheter.
Features of the Silvertouch Foley Catheter
- The Silvertouch Foley Catheter incorporates the power of silver into a catheter.
- Made of 100% silicone and latex free.
- Can be very effective against the most common and serious UTI pathogens.
- Silvertouch Foley Catheters help to reduce friction and irritation.
- Green in color for visual evidence of silver found in catheter.