Optifoam Basic is a soft, cushioning absorbent polyurethane foam for general wound site care. Optifoam basic absorbs exudate and provides a moist wound environment helping the wound heal. The soft, conformable cushioning of the Optifoam Basic make it ideal for bony prominences and site care.
Features of the Optifoam Basic
- Optifoam moisture vapor transmission rate adjusts to fluid level.
- Optifoam Basic will not curl at edges.
- Highly absorbent.
- Optifoam Basic helps create the ideal healing environment.
- Waterproof outer layer protects the wound.
Optifoam Basic Indications
- Pressure ulcers
- Partial and full thickness wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Donor sites
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Skin tears
- First and second degree burns
Optifoam Basic Contraindications
- Third degree burns
- Lesions with active vasculitis
Optifoam Basic Change Frequency
Optifoam Basic may be left in place for up to 7 days. Dressing change frequency will depend on the amount of drainage.
Optifoam is a registered trademark of Medline, Inc.