CarraSmart Gel is an advanced technology wound dressing formulated with glycerin and containing Acemannan Hydrogel for the care of wounds. CarraSmart Gel regulates the amount of moisture present on the applied area. CarrSmart Gel features intelligent response that allows the gel to either donate moisture or absorb small amounts of exudate. CarraSmart Gel is specially formulated to adhere to wound beds and maintain optimum moisture levels for up to 72 hours.
Features of the CarraSmart Gel
- Non-drying, allowing less frequent dressing changes.
- Smart gel responds to changing wound environment and moisture requirements.
- CarraSmart Gel absorbed approximately four times its weight in water while retaining a “gel like consistency” after 48 hours.
- Maintains optimum moisture level for up to 72 hours.
CarraSmart Gel Indications
- Pressure ulcers (stages I-IV)
- Arterial and venous stasis ulcers
- Post surgical incisions
- Diabetic ulcers
- First and second degree burns
- Cuts and abrasions
Application of CarraSmart Gel
- Cleanse the wound with saline or a suitable cleanser such as Skintegrity® Wound Cleanser, CarraKlenz™ or MicroKlenz™. Dry surrounding skin.
- Apply CarraSmart Gel approximately 1/8" to 1/4" thick, covering the entire wound bed.
- Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing such as Stratasorb®.
- Change as often as indicated based on the wound characteristics, usually every 1 - 3 days.
Removal of CarraSmart Gel
Carefully remove the secondary dressing and irrigate the wound as stated above. If the secondary dressing has dried to the wound edge, moisten with wound cleanser or saline until it loosens. Then remove the dressing.