Arglaes Powder Dressing
Arglaes Dressing Delivers Controlled Release Antimicrobial Silver to Any Size, Shape or Depth Wound
Arglaes Dressing can offer bioburden reduction and fluid management in an easy to apply powder format, making it ideal for deep, tunneling and highly exudating wounds. Arglaes Dressing is easily combined with other dressings to create a system for bioburden control and an optimal moist healing environment. The powder sends antimicrobial silver ions into the wound regularly over a period of five days, while the alginate base mixes with wound exudate to form a soft, conforming gel. Arglaes Powder Dressing comes in a bottle that has resealable screw cap.
Features of the Arglaes Powder Dressing
- Arglaes dressing manages bacterial burden.
- Continuous anti-microbial protection.
- Extended wear time before change.
- Can convert any other dressing to an antimicrobial.
Arglaes Powder Dressing Indications
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Partial and full-thickness wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Grafted wounds
- Donor sites
- Lacerations and abrasions
- First and second degree burns
Arglaes Dressing Contraindications
- Third degree burns
- Patients with a known sensitivity to silver
- Do not use Arglaes Powder as a surgical implant
- Do not use topical antibiotics in conjunction with Arglaes Powder Dressing
Arglaes Powder Dressing Change Frequency
Arglaes Powder Dressing may be left in place for up to 5 days. Dressing change frequency will depend upon the amount of drainage.